Healing Scriptures in Old Testament from GNT Good News Translation
1. Psalms 4:1 Answer me when I pray, O God, my defender! When I was in trouble, you helped me. Be kind to me now and hear my prayer.
2. Psalms 6:2-3 I am worn out, O LORD; have pity on me! Give me strength; I am completely exhausted and my whole being is deeply troubled. How long, O LORD, will you wait to help me?
3. Psalms 29:11 The LORD gives strength to his people and blesses them with peace.
4. Psalms 30:1-2 I praise you, LORD, because you have saved me and kept my enemies from gloating over me. I cried to you for help, O LORD my God, and you healed me; you kept me from the grave.
5. Psalms 34:17-19 The righteous call to the LORD, and he listens; he rescues them from all their troubles. The LORD is near to those who are discouraged; he saves those who have lost all hope. Good people suffer many troubles, but the LORD saves them from them all;
6. Psalms 34:22 The LORD will save his people; those who go to him for protection will be spared.
7. Psalms 41:2-3 The LORD will protect them and preserve their lives; he will make them happy in the land; he will not abandon them to the power of their enemies. The LORD will help them when they are sick and will restore them to health.
8. Psalms 43:5 Why am I so sad? Why am I so troubled? I will put my hope in God, and once again I will praise him, my savior and my God.
9. Psalms 91:1-4 Whoever goes to the LORD for safety, whoever remains under the protection of the Almighty, can say to him, “You are my defender and protector. You are my God; in you I trust.” He will keep you safe from all hidden dangers and from all deadly diseases. He will cover you with his wings; you will be safe in his care; his faithfulness will protect and defend you.
10. Psalms 91:9-10 You have made the LORD your defender, the Most High your protector, and so no disaster will strike you, no violence will come near your home.
11. Psalms 91:14-16 God says, “I will save those who love me and will protect those who acknowledge me as LORD. When they call to me, I will answer them; when they are in trouble, I will be with them. I will rescue them and honor them. I will reward them with long life; I will save them.”
12. Psalms 103:1-5 Praise the LORD, my soul! All my being, praise his holy name! Praise the LORD, my soul, and do not forget how kind he is. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. He keeps me from the grave and blesses me with love and mercy. He fills my life with good things, so that I stay young and strong like an eagle.
13. Psalms 107:19-20 Then in their trouble they called to the LORD, and he saved them from their distress. He healed them with his command and saved them from the grave.
14. Psalms 108:4-6 Your constant love reaches above the heavens; your faithfulness touches the skies. Show your greatness in the sky, O God, and your glory over all the earth. Save us by your might; answer my prayer, so that the people you love may be rescued.
15. Psalms 118:17 I will not die; instead, I will live and proclaim what the LORD has done.
16. Psalms 119:76-77 Let your constant love comfort me, as you have promised me, your servant. Have mercy on me, and I will live because I take pleasure in your law.
17. Psalms 147:3 He heals the broken-hearted and bandages their wounds.
18. Proverb 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart. Never rely on what you think you know. Remember the LORD in everything you do, and he will show you the right way.
19. Proverb 3:7-8 Never let yourself think that you are wiser than you are; simply obey the LORD and refuse to do wrong. If you do, it will be like good medicine, healing your wounds and easing your pains.
20. Proverb 4:20-23 My child, pay attention to what I say. Listen to my words. Never let them get away from you. Remember them and keep them in your heart. They will give life and health to anyone who understands them. Be careful how you think; your life is shaped by your thoughts.
21. Proverb 5:3-8 The lips of another man’s wife may be as sweet as honey and her kisses as smooth as olive oil, but when it is all over, she leaves you nothing but bitterness and pain. She will take you down to the world of the dead; the road she walks is the road to death. She does not stay on the road to life; but wanders off, and does not realize what is happening. Now listen to me, sons, and never forget what I am saying. Keep away from such a woman! Don’t even go near her door!
22. Proverb 14:30 Peace of mind makes the body healthy, but jealousy is like a cancer.
23. Proverb 15:30 Smiling faces make you happy, and good news makes you feel better.
24. Proverb 16:24 Kind words are like honey—sweet to the taste and good for your health.
25. Proverb 17:22 Being cheerful keeps you healthy. It is slow death to be gloomy all the time.
26. Proverb 18:14 Your will to live can sustain you when you are sick, but if you lose it, your last hope is gone.
27. Isaiah 32:3-4 Their eyes and ears will be open to the needs of the people. They will not be impatient any longer, but they will act with understanding and will say what they mean.
28. Isaiah 35:5-6 The blind will be able to see, and the deaf will hear. The lame will leap and dance, and those who cannot speak will shout for joy. Streams of water will flow through the desert;
29. Isaiah 38:16,20 Lord, I will live for you, for you alone; Heal me and let me live. . . . LORD, you have healed me. We will play harps and sing your praise, Sing praise in your Temple as long as we live.
30. Isaiah 40:26 Look up at the sky! Who created the stars you see? The one who leads them out like an army, he knows how many there are and calls each one by name! His power is so great—not one of them is ever missing!
31. Isaiah 40:31 But those who trust in the LORD for help will find their strength renewed. They will rise on wings like eagles; they will run and not get weary; they will walk and not grow weak.
32. Isaiah 41:10 Do not be afraid—I am with you! I am your God—let nothing terrify you! I will make you strong and help you; I will protect you and save you.
33. Isaiah 46:4 I am your God and will take care of you until you are old and your hair is gray. I made you and will care for you; I will give you help and rescue you.
34. Isaiah 49:13 Sing, heavens! Shout for joy, earth! Let the mountains burst into song! The LORD will comfort his people; he will have pity on his suffering people.
35. Isaiah 53:4-5 “But he endured the suffering that should have been ours, the pain that we should have borne. All the while we thought that his suffering was punishment sent by God. But because of our sins he was wounded, beaten because of the evil we did. We are healed by the punishment he suffered, made whole by the blows he received.
36. Isaiah 53:10 The LORD says, “It was my will that he should suffer; his death was a sacrifice to bring forgiveness. And so he will see his descendants; he will live a long life, and through him my purpose will succeed.
37. Isaiah 57:18-21 “I have seen how they acted, but I will heal them. I will lead them and help them, and I will comfort those who mourn. I offer peace to all, both near and far! I will heal my people. But evil people are like the restless sea, whose waves never stop rolling in, bringing filth and muck. There is no safety for sinners,” says the LORD.
38. Isaiah 58:8 -9 “Then my favor will shine on you like the morning sun, and your wounds will be quickly healed. I will always be with you to save you; my presence will protect you on every side. When you pray, I will answer you. When you call to me, I will respond.
39. Deuteronomy 7:15 The LORD will protect you from all sickness, and he will not bring on you any of the dreadful diseases that you experienced in Egypt, but he will bring them on all your enemies.
40. Deuteronomy 11:9-12 And you will live a long time in the rich and fertile land that the LORD promised to give your ancestors and their descendants. The land that you are about to occupy is not like the land of Egypt, where you lived before. There, when you planted grain, you had to work hard to irrigate the fields; but the land that you are about to enter is a land of mountains and valleys, a land watered by rain. The LORD your God takes care of this land and watches over it throughout the year.
41. Deuteronomy 23:5 But the LORD your God would not listen to Balaam; instead he turned the curse into a blessing, because he loved you.
42. Deuteronomy 28:58-61 “If you do not obey faithfully all of God’s teachings that are written in this book and if you do not honor the wonderful and awesome name of the LORD your God, he will send on you and on your descendants incurable diseases and horrible epidemics that can never be stopped. He will bring on you once again all the dreadful diseases you experienced in Egypt, and you will never recover. He will also send all kinds of diseases and epidemics that are not mentioned in this book of God’s laws and teachings, and you will be destroyed.
43. Deuteronomy 30:19 I am now giving you the choice between life and death, between God’s blessing and God’s curse, and I call heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Choose life.
44. Deuteronomy 31:8 The LORD himself will lead you and be with you. He will not fail you or abandon you, so do not lose courage or be afraid.”
45. Deuteronomy 32:39 “‘I, and I alone, am God; no other god is real. I kill and I give life, I wound and I heal, and no one can oppose what I do.
46. Deuteronomy 33:24-25 About the tribe of Asher he said: “Asher is blessed more than the other tribes. May he be the favorite of his brothers, And may his land be rich with olive trees. May his towns be protected with iron gates, And may he always live secure.”
47. Genesis 6:3 Then the LORD said, “I will not allow people to live forever; they are mortal. From now on they will live no longer than 120 years.”
48. Genesis 15:15 You yourself will live to a ripe old age, die in peace, and be buried.
49. Exodus 12:13 The blood on the doorposts will be a sign to mark the houses in which you live. When I see the blood, I will pass over you and will not harm you when I punish the Egyptians.
50. Exodus 15:26 He said, “If you will obey me completely by doing what I consider right and by keeping my commands, I will not punish you with any of the diseases that I brought on the Egyptians. I am the LORD, the one who heals you.”
51. Exodus 23:25-26 If you worship me, the LORD your God, I will bless you with food and water and take away all your sicknesses. In your land no woman will have a miscarriage or be without children. I will give you long lives.
52. 2 Chronicles 7:14 if they pray to me and repent and turn away from the evil they have been doing, then I will hear them in heaven, forgive their sins, and make their land prosperous again.
53. Nehemiah 8:10 Now go home and have a feast. Share your food and wine with those who don’t have enough. Today is holy to our Lord, so don’t be sad. The joy that the LORD gives you will make you strong.”
54. Nehemiah 13:1-2 When the Law of Moses was being read aloud to the people, they came to the passage that said that no Ammonite or Moabite was ever to be permitted to join God’s people. This was because the people of Ammon and Moab did not give food and water to the Israelites on their way out of Egypt. Instead, they paid money to Balaam to curse Israel, but our God turned the curse into a blessing.
55. Job 5:26 Like wheat that ripens till harvest time, you will live to a ripe old age.
56. Job 33:24-26 In mercy the angel will say, “Release them! They are not to go down to the world of the dead. Here is the ransom to set them free.” Their bodies will grow young and strong again; when they pray, God will answer; they will worship God with joy; God will set things right for them again.
57. Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 Everything that happens in this world happens at the time God chooses. He sets the time for birth and the time for death, the time for planting and the time for pulling up, the time for killing and the time for healing, the time for tearing down and the time for building. He sets the time for sorrow and the time for joy, the time for mourning and the time for dancing, the time for making love and the time for not making love, the time for kissing and the time for not kissing. He sets the time for finding and the time for losing, the time for saving and the time for throwing away, the time for tearing and the time for mending, the time for silence and the time for talk. He sets the time for love and the time for hate, the time for war and the time for peace.
58. Jeremiah 17:14 LORD, heal me and I will be completely well; rescue me and I will be perfectly safe. You are the one I praise!
59. Jeremiah 29:11 I alone know the plans I have for you, plans to bring you prosperity and not disaster, plans to bring about the future you hope for.
60. Jeremiah 30:17 I will make you well again; I will heal your wounds, though your enemies say, ‘Zion is an outcast; no one cares about her.’ I, the LORD, have spoken.”
61. Jeremiah 33:14 The LORD said, “The time is coming when I will fulfill the promise that I made to the people of Israel and Judah.
62. Lamentation 3:22-24 The LORD’s unfailing love and mercy still continue, Fresh as the morning, as sure as the sunrise. The LORD is all I have, and so in him I put my hope.
63. Ezekiel 34:16 “I will look for those that are lost, bring back those that wander off, bandage those that are hurt, and heal those that are sick; but those that are fat and strong I will destroy, because I am a shepherd who does what is right.
64. Ezekiel 37:5 Tell them that I, the Sovereign LORD, am saying to them: I am going to put breath into you and bring you back to life.
65. Ezekiel 37:14 I will put my breath in them, bring them back to life, and let them live in their own land. Then they will know that I am the LORD. I have promised that I would do this—and I will. I, the LORD, have spoken.”
66. Ezekiel 47:9 Wherever the stream flows, there will be all kinds of animals and fish. The stream will make the water of the Dead Sea fresh, and wherever it flows, it will bring life.
67. Joel 3:10 Hammer the points of your plows into swords and your pruning knives into spears. Even the weak must fight.
68. Amos 5:4-6 The LORD says to the people of Israel, “Come to me, and you will live. Do not go to Beersheba to worship. Do not try to find me at Bethel—Bethel will come to nothing. Do not go to Gilgal—her people are doomed to exile.”
69. Micah 7:7 But I will watch for the LORD; I will wait confidently for God, who will save me. My God will hear me.
70. Malachi 4:1-2 The LORD Almighty says, “The day is coming when all proud and evil people will burn like straw. On that day they will burn up, and there will be nothing left of them. But for you who obey me, my saving power will rise on you like the sun and bring healing like the sun’s rays. You will be as free and happy as calves let out of a stall.